3.20.2010

I remember .... Part 2

I remember...
  • when bread didn't come in plastic bags with twist ties. The ends were glued shut.
  • when going to the circus meant you saw chimpanzies riding ponies, elephants dancing on big drums, and lions and tigers jumping through rings of fire.
  • the first day I was allowed to wear "slacks" to school; I was in junior high.
  • when candy bars cost 5 cents each.
  • watching color television for the first time (The Wizard of Oz)
  • when gas was about 50 cents a gallon.
  • when celebrating 50 was forever away.
  • how exciting it was to shop for school supplies and Ticonderoga #2 pencils.
  • choosing to stay inside to read instead of playing outside in the snow.
  • when seeing eagles by the river was a rarity.
  • never believing in someday.

1 comment:

Poetic Painter said...

I remember most of these things, too. I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading over some of your poems.